|Hight centre crankshaft over ground:||6mm|
|Type of valve:||Piston-Valve|
|Type of reversing gear:||Button-Type Reversing Steam-Valve|
|Working pressure:||1.5- 3 bar (20 – 45psi)|
Number of cylinder:
- QUARTZ VINTAGE is suitable for 4-blade-propellors with diameter from 40mm to 55mm
- The QUARTZ VINTAGE engine is available as a finished „ready to run“ engine.
Small Steam engines can be even more beautiful!
The engine QUARTZ VINTAGE is developed from our QUARTZ Vertical engine. In terms of size and performance the two engines are near identical but with the QUARTZ VINTAGE we achieved a design resembling more closely historic engines.
The most relevant changes are:
- QUARTZ VINTAGE has now two separate, rounded cylinders instead of the the single cylinder-block of QUARTZ vertical.
- The crankshaft is machined from steel in one solid piece.
- The connecting rods are split and their shafts rounded.
- The wight of QUARTZ VINTAGE is reduced to 279 g from 300 g of the QUARZ engine.
The result of these changes is an attractive, near scale steam engine not only pleasing to the eye but also a high quality, compact and powerful.
QUARTZ VINTAGE is especially suited for small and middle sized models and model-boat-kits starting from a displacement of about 3 Kg (6 lbs) up to 6 Kg (12 lbs).
Controlling the engine is very easy because you require only one servo to have full control over over all aspects of running the engine like regulating the speed, stopping or reversing. This makes this engine also particularly well suited for models with twin propellors.
As with all our other products, we took great care to achieve durability and robustness when designing the QUARTZ VINTAGE. The the crankshaft is machined from steel and is running in 3 solid brass bearing-blocks, piston-rod and piston-valve are made from from stainless-steel, the excentres are made from steel. All other parts are machined from brass.
QUARTZ VINTAGE: Finished engine, ready to run:
- The finished Engine is delivered painted (black) and with polished brass and steel parts.
- English operating instructions
- Displacement oiler and reversing-valve are included.
Price QUARTZ VINTAGE:
Q-VIN QUARTZ VINTAGE: CHF 895.–